HFMA is launching a virtual pitch webinar contest for start-ups in the healthcare space!
We define startups to include companies less than five years old, with fewer than 50 employees and less than $3 million in annual revenue. This will provide exposure to financial executives and other decision-makers, who are increasingly interested in innovative products and solutions to improve performance, patient care and lower cost.
There are three categories for applicants to choose based on their solution:
- Reducing Cost of Care Delivery: Product, service or technology that quantifiably reduces the cost of care delivery through its implementation or utilization.
- Enhancing the Healthcare Consumer Experience: Product, service, or technology focused on specifically improving the healthcare consumer experience in facets such as patient satisfaction, care coordination, price transparency, communication, etc.
- Improving Population Health Management through Analytics: Product, service or technology providing analytics that lead to better health and outcomes of patients. Areas and products in the realm of wearables, mobile or telehealth, monitoring, or other digital tools.
- Of the applications submitted, a maximum of 20 per category will be chosen for five-minute webinar pitches in a virtual conference format to be recorded in late March or early April.
- Recorded webinars will also be hosted on the Annual Conference website (with promotion on hfma.org pointing to the Annual Conference site). We will promote the pitches prior to and after the recording via emails, hfm article, social media, each week in weekly news.
- Voting will be done by HFMA Members through the Annual Conference page dedicated to the contest. Results will be announced in mid-May to ensure winners can book arrangements and prepare for the event.
The four participants with the most votes in each category (12 total) will be featured at the Annual Conference (June 25–27) within the Innovation Hub.
Winners will commit to:
- Be interviewed for HFMA's Voices in Healthcare Finance podcast to be posted online and social media.
- Attend the Annual Conference and set up a kiosk to showcase their company and solution (two complimentary passes will be provided; travel and accommodations will be winners’ responsibility).
- Present their pitch at the Innovation Hub. Presentations will be scheduled in the Innovation Hub (within exhibit hall) with voting will take place amongst the start-ups in the Innovation Hub where attendees will choose one overall winner.
The overall winner will be announced during Wednesday’s General Session at the Annual Conference. In addition, they will be featured in a “trendsetter” article to be published on hfma.org, hfm magazine, HFMA's leadership newsletter as well as social media and routine email marketing.