A Glimpse into the Revenue Cycle of the Future
- Room: Veronese
- Session Number: FS6
Tuesday, June 26, 2018: 9:45 AM - 11:00 AM
This session will explore current industry trends as they relate to hospital mergers and acquisitions, which have been on the rise ever since the Affordable Care Act started to change the way the healthcare system generates its revenue. Many major health systems across the country have consolidated to create multi-hospital networks to maximize exposure to a wider opportunity pool, which has become a promising way for healthcare organizations to achieve scale and bolster their revenue cycles.
• Review the current external factors that are impacting Revenue Cycle Management.
• Explore the need for better integration and centralization of services within the new landscape.
• Discuss the increasing need to elevate the quality of health care services rendered to minority and underserved communities.
• Examine need for enhanced decision making across the entire revenue cycle with better analytics to drive and maintain results.
• Describe how to accelerate cash flow by reducing redundancies and maximizing economies of scale to improve revenue collected from both patients and payers.