HFMA is excited to announce the second annual Virtual Pitch Contest for healthcare start-ups. Leaders of start-ups with innovative products or services that bend the cost curve are invited to apply.
Solutions may bend the cost curve in various ways, including enhancing patient engagement, patient accessibility, and/or patient experience; improving population health, or leveraging business intelligence and analytics.
To qualify as a start-up, your organization must be less than five years old, have fewer than 50 employees, and earn less than $3 million in annual revenue.
The competition provides exposure to the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) audience. HFMA is the nation’s premier organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA’s 38,000+ members represent leaders in finance, accounting, revenue cycle, managed care, payment, compliance, auditing, budgeting and decision support at hospitals, health systems and physician practices. 75% of HFMA members are management through executive level which means these are the people who are making and influencing purchasing decisions.
To apply, you must complete the application form where you will be asked to provide the YouTube link to your video application. Videos can be up to 3 minutes long and should cover the following questions:
- What is your product and what are its primary benefits?
- How does your product/service impact the cost of health care?
- What makes the solution innovative? (Describe how your product is advanced and unique to the healthcare market.)
- Of the applications and videos submitted, 10 will be chosen by a panel of HFMA provider members to participate in the Virtual Pitch Contest. Those selected will:
- Have their videos posted on the HFMA website for the HFMA audience (as described above) to vote on.
- Be featured with a kiosk in the Innovation Hub at the 2019 HFMA Annual Conference in Orlando, FL, June 23-26, 2019.
- Have the opportunity to present their product on one of the education stages at the conference.
- Receive 2 complimentary registrations for the conference and a branded kiosk. Travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Votes will be tallied and a winner will be announced at the end of the HFMA Annual Conference 2019.
- Winner will be featured in a “Trendsetter” article written by HFMA. The article will be published on HFMA.org, in hfm Magazine, on HFMA’s social media and in HFMA emails. ($32,500 value)