HFMA Start-Up Cup
Seeking Start-Ups that Bend the Cost Curve
HFMA is excited to announce the third annual competition for healthcare start-ups. Leaders of start-ups with innovative products or services that bend the cost curve are invited to apply.
Solutions may bend the cost curve in various ways, including enhancing patient engagement, patient accessibility, and/or patient experience; improving population health, or leveraging business intelligence and analytics.
To qualify as a start-up, your organization must be less than five years old, have fewer than 50 employees, and earn less than $3 million in annual revenue.
The competition provides exposure to the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) audience. HFMA is the nation’s premier organization for healthcare finance leaders. HFMA’s 50,000+ members represent leaders in finance, accounting, revenue cycle, managed care, payment, compliance, auditing, budgeting and decision support at hospitals, health systems and physician practices. 53% of HFMA members are executive level which means these are the people who are making and influencing purchasing decisions.
How to Apply
Complete a Start-Up Cup application and include a video about your product or service. Videos should be up to three minutes long and should cover the following questions:
- What is your product and what are its primary benefits?
- How does your product/service impact the cost of healthcare?
- What makes the solution innovative? (Describe how your product is advanced and unique to the healthcare market.)
- Of the applications and videos submitted, five will be chosen by a panel of HFMA provider members to participate. Those selected will:
- Be featured with a kiosk in the Innovation Hub at the HFMA Annual Conference 2020 in San Antonio, TX, June 28-July 1.
- Have the opportunity to present their product on one of the HFMA Central education stages, where they will receive feedback on their product from attendees.
- Receive two complimentary registrations for the conference and a branded kiosk. Travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
Additionally, the winner will be featured in a “Trendsetter” article written by HFMA. The article will be published on HFMA.org, in hfm magazine, in email communications and on HFMA’s social media channels. ($32,500 value)